11/8/09

GREAT NEWS!

I know I let my posts slide once again! Smack me upside the head with wet noodles.. LOL
But I have the greatest news to share with you. As most of you know that I have been working at Michaels as seasonal help as a cashier and whatever else they need me to do. Well this Saturday was a demo day and of course I was picked to do it. Really fun, goo-ey fun making snowmen with Snow-Tex product. Anyways, boss man walks by as I was finishing up one of the snowmen and says in a very serious tone, "I need to see you in my office after you are done with that...", no eye contact and he walks to the back of the store. My heart fell. I just knew that I was going to be written up for something stupid that I did or that I was getting the axe. So I am sweating beads as I am trying to prolong the finishing of the snowman. I get back there to the office and timidly knock on the door, boss man still has serious look on his face. And guess what?!?!
I GOT A PROMOTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How awesome is that?!?! I am no longer just a cashier, but a glorified one!! My official title is Front End Supervisor.. I will keep an eye on the registers, be over a few of the cashiers, and keep the front end of the store in order. You guys have no idea how happy this has made me. After being a stay at home mom for 12 yrs and thinking that I would never get a job becuz of the long space of time not being the workforce... my heart just soared. I wore a shit-eating grin all day long afterwards, floating on cloud 9. You laugh -- that's ok!
This weekend, starting on Thursday and ending Sunday, I will be gone to a quilter's retreat. My very first. I am told by some of the veterans that go to them alot that I will have a great time and I must say that I am looking forward to it. Time away from the house, work (which I don't really mind), laundry, cooking... ohh yea!! Just laying around , sewing... and you know that I am taking stitching with me.. laughing and having a good time with some awesome ladies in my quilt guild. We are even going to play Bunkco? (prolly spelled it wrong) ..which I have never played.
I will post after I get home with all the juicy and fun details of the time I had. Maybe even post some pictures of items that I completed... right ... you believe that?? HAHAHA!!
Take care everyone and I'll be back really soon!
Cameo

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations Cam! The job sound like a perfect fit for you.
    Now I'm so jealous about the retreat & all. You'll love it! Lots of eating & laughing! Have a wonderful time!
    Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is good! What a great post to read. You've made my day already with that good news. Congrats on the promotion and enjoy the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent news, congratulations, very pleased for you! Love, Lori xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!

    Enjoy your retreat.... You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Cameo! That is awesome. Sounds like you are a natural in a craft store :) Have a fun time at the Quilter retreat. Can't wait to hear about it!
    Lisa in CA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well congratulations to you! I know how exciting that must be for you! (Been there done that!) You have a great time at your retreat. You'll need that rest before this crazy holiday season working retail really kicks in! GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Job Girl! Proud of you! Have fun this weekend I look forward to seeing your quilting! Love ya, Meg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news! Congratulations!!! Have fun at your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Being a hard worker does pay rewards, doesn't it? I hope you continue to enjoy it as much as you do today! Have fun at your retreat; I know you will.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!!

    And have fun at the retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Cameo!!! That is awesome!! I am so happy for you. :) And enjoy your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! That is wonderful news: I am smiling for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cameo the BIGGEST CONGRATS EVER to YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats really great news.And hope your weekend was the greatest too. Terry N

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your promotion!! Feels really nice to see you so happy...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!! You totally deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am very proud of my daughter even if she was to tell me she had a job or promotion. good luck
    mom

    ReplyDelete