It only took me a total of 3 days to complete Gwen. Of course, I took it everywhere with me so that I didn't waste a minute. I had to change some colors. Kreinik is not so easy for me to put my hands on when I need it. So I took a chance and used all 3 colors that I had instead of the ones that Brooke suggested. I used black for her boots and cauldron. Periwinkle for the corset and sock stripes. And a pale yellow instead of the topaz for the dress folds. I don't think it was so bad.... some times you just have to make due. Also, the beaded posie was done a tad differently. Brooke suggested that each petal be done in one color alternating each petal as a different color....well you know I just cannot do that. Seeing that I had a ton of beads, I alternated each of the colors on each petal... meaning each petal had all the colors. It turned out really colorful.part 4 -- almost done
Some other changes was that I had to back the hat with paper... course you don't see that but as I got to the tip it was starting to be really flimsy. And instead of a "floss broom" -- I used raffia. She was a real joy to work on and I am quite happy with her. Not too sure what I am going to do with her now. I may add a hanger to the back so that she can hang on a tree or be hung elsewhere.
close up of broom