1/1/09

Happiest New Year to You!


Happy New Year!!
Ok, like I said in a previous post that I am making some goals for myself this year. Things that I know I will be able to accomplish... attainable goals. Taking care of my face, hair, and body. 3 things that isn't that hard to do, but things that I really need to be on the ball. Donald and I will be joining a local gym on Saturday. I am excited and scared about this. But my best friend has joined too, so I won't be going at it alone.

Another goal is stitching more for myself. I know that this goal sounds goofy, and somewhat unattainable. But I stitch so much for others, which I love doing... but I really want to make some cool items just for me to enjoy. I have a cross-stitch journal from last year where I wrote down everything I made. I stitched 135 items last year ... and maybe 3-4 of those were for myself. I have a new journal for this year... and I plan on stitching more items this year -- my goal is 130 items (last year's goal was 110)... but I want more of those items for me. I hope that's not to selfish sounding. I really want to make a stitcher's accessory kit or something like it for myself. I have seen them on other blogs and thought how cool is that.
This year is my year!!

Another goal -- this has been eating my lunch for 2 years now.. is to finish "Lady of Summer". This chart was a freebie in one of my British magazines. I made the mistake of showing it to my mother in law... she went down and bought the fabric and all the threads needed, then asked me to stitch it. OH MY GOODNESS -- it's so large that it's intimidating. I cringe when I see it... I had it on the frame and stitched maybe one sq. inch of it and said -- ohh hell no!! LOL It's just too large for me... finished it's supposed to be 15x13 inches... AHHHHHHHHH!! I forget how many shades of pink and maroon there is.... But my goal -- insane as it is -- is to complete it before Christmas of 2009. I want to be able to present it to her for Christmas.

Well there you have it -- my goals for the year. Do you think I can do it?? I hope that I can.

Keep Stitching!
Cameo

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! And best wishes for 2009!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! 135 finishes last year! INCREDIBLE!! No, it's not selfish to stitch for yourself. I'm finally doing that myself, after 30+ years of giving things as gifts.
    You have great goals for this year and I know you can do it!
    Would love to see Lady of Summer.
    I started a HAED piece on Jan. 2 and I'm going to try to get it finished this year....but, it's 29 pages, 90 colors!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete